Collection and Use
We collect the following personal information from you:
- User-provided account information such as email address and password.
- Usage activity about how you interact with us such as account history and application usage.
- Stored information including information you submit to the service.
As is true of most sites and apps, we may gather information about your device such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We use this information to:
- Personalize and provide our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it and displaying your profile photo to members of your 'House'.
- Analyze and understand the usage trends, metrics and preferences of our users.
- Monitor and analyze the operation and effectiveness of the service.
- Send you push notifications when you are using our app. You can manage your preference either through the setting section of the app or through your device, depending on your device type.
- Communicate with you regarding the service. You will have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications through links provided in the messages.
Sharing Your Information
We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We may share information you submit, including email address, profile photo and house interaction information, with other users who are your in-app 'Family members'. By joining a 'House' consisting of 'Family Members' or creating a 'Child or Parent profile', you agree that OurHome may make your information visible to those 'Family Members'.
We may disclose your personal information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- If OurHome is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
We or a third party contracted by us may use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, or scripts to gather information about how you and others interact with our services. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our services are used, improve our marketing efforts, and provide content and features that are of interest to you.
Parental Rights and Protection of Children
OurHome takes the protection of children and their personal information very seriously and we strictly adhere to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. We will not require a child to disclose any information other than what is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity. A parent may review their child’s personal information at any time, direct us to delete it, and refuse any further collection of the child’s information. OurHome will not knowingly request identifiable information or private content from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. At the time of registration you will be asked to consent to users under the age of 13 being tied to and using the account and you must be the legal parent or guardian to grant such consent. If consent is given, we may receive information from children under the age of 13 as guided by the due diligence of this Privacy Statement. We will not share children’s personally identifiable information with third parties.
OurHome uses a variety of physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to improve the security of our systems and your personally identifiable information. No method of transmission, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to OurHome, nor can we guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. You transfer your information to OurHome at your own risk.
If OurHome learns of a security systems breach, then we will attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. If you’d like to receive such a notice please notify us at email@example.com.
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Correcting and updating your personal information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at email@example.com.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on our website prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You can contact us about this privacy statement by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at the address below:
- 226 Clarendon St.
- East Melbourne, Victoria, 3002